Cloud hosting is the new form of hosting that becomes popular from past few years. “Divide and rule” concept are use by cloud hosting. Resources that are needed to maintain the website are spread across more than one web server and as per need basis. It reduces the chances of any downtime in case of any server malfunction. It also referred to as server on-demand hosting. It doesn’t have a physical object which can be said as “cloud”.
The important thing is that it helps to manage peak loads without any bandwidth issues, so another server will provide other resources in such cases. Hence, your website doesn’t depend on one particular server, and when a collection of servers work together that termed as “the cloud”. For example: – if you want a real-time example then Google itself is the better example. Google is the king of search engines has got its resources from hundreds of servers on the cloud. That why we haven’t seen Google facing any downtime.
ADVANTAGES OF CLOUD HOSTING
- Highest level of website performance guaranteed by various machines (CPU, RAM)
- Redundant data storage
- No single point of failure
- Website growth flexibility
- Lower pricing and generous features
COMPANY NAMES WHO PROVIDE CLOUD HOSTING
1) DIGITAL OCEAN: – It provides cheap SSD cloud servers. They have centres in San Francisco, Amsterdam, Singapore, New York, and London.They offer the cheapest plan at $5/month and offer 512 MB RAM and 20 GB storage.
2) VPS.net:- 12 different operating systems are supported by VPS.net. They provide services in 18 servers’ locations. They provide the cheapest plan at $15/month. They offer 500MB RAM and 10 GB storage.
3) GoGrid:- It is the most popular company that give users managed backups. They also provide server monitoring and security services. They have 3 centres in USA and 1 in Amsterdam. They offer a $16.43/month plan for 500MB RAM and 25GB storage.
4) Media Temple:-They offer public cloud hosting i.e. Grid. They have 2 centres in the USA are Virginia and California. They provide $20/month.
5) Site5:- It is the most affordable company. They have 22 locations in the world. They provide $20/month for 10 GB storage.